We are hiring!
Plymouth Energy Community (PEC) is delivering an exciting programme to make a significant difference to Plymouth residents and their homes.
Working with Plymouth City Council we have secured £3million to help those in the least energy efficient housing get grants of £10k on average to insulate and then install renewable heating and solar PV.
To help deliver this exciting and ambitious domestic energy support programme, we are looking for people to join us in two roles - freelance Energy Advisor and freelance Retrofit Coordinator.
As an Energy Advisor, you’ll be supporting residents to make informed decisions, feel confident and in control of works in their property and work with contractors to make sure it all runs smoothly.
As a Retrofit Coordinator, you will be responsible for ensuring the retrofit measures installed are well designed, appropriate for the home and installed correctly. You will work with the householders, retrofit assessors and installers to coordinate works.
The Retrofit Coordinator is a role set out in PAS: 2035, a new industry standard. Suitable candidates will receive training to secure a Level 5 Diploma. This role will shortly become central to all grant funded low carbon retrofit work and there is, at present, an acute shortage of Retrofit Coordinators in the South West.
To join us, you will need:
- Great people skills and a passion to tackle fuel poverty and the climate emergency,
- Some knowledge of buildings and / or energy efficiency measures,
- A good eye for detail,
- The ability to work well independently,
- An awareness of energy issues and vulnerability.
For the Retrofit Coordinator role we would also like to see:
- A technical or scientific background, a good knowledge of building physics or experience of working on low carbon retrofit projects installing insulation or renewable technologies,
- Experience in managing or overseeing contractors, preferably within a construction environment.
If you want to be part of a trailblazing Community Energy organisation, whether already qualified or at the start of your journey, please send an expression of interest now. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter saying why you’re right for the role, along with a recent CV.
We can offer flexible working opportunities and market competitive day rates. A package of training is available for the right individual, with roles starting immediately.
If you have any questions, please contact Justin@plymouthenergycommunity.com or call 01752 398098.